The Trail Challenge gives members who prefer dirt beneath their feet the opportunity to challenge themselves to step out of their comfort zones and try something new.
How the Challenge Works
Participants complete as many different qualifying events as they can between January 1st and December 8th. Participants then report to the Trail Challenge administrator (by December 9th), via the provided link, which events they completed. To qualify for an award, participants must complete a minimum of 4 events. Awards will be distributed at the FSRC Year-End Celebration Banquet held in January.
Trail Challenge Events
- 15k or 10 miles (or 2 loops of Rick’s Run)
- 25k or Half Marathon (or 3 loops of Rick’s Run)
- 50k or Marathon (or 5-6 loops of Rick’s Run)
- 50 miles
- 100k or 100 miles
- Volunteer to crew a friend, or man a full-service aid station
- Volunteer to do trail maintenance, or help at a race manning a water stop or helping the race director in some other capacity such as registration or course marshal
- All events MUST BE TRAIL RACES, no road or paved rail trail. The only exception to this is if, like at Patapsco 2018, the race director alters the course to road due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances.
- Qualifying events must be completed between January 1, 2019 and December 8, 2019, and reported to the administrator before midnight on December 9, 2019.
- Participants must complete a minimum of 4 events to qualify for an award.
- Event categories cannot be duplicated. For example, you may run more than one 5k, but only the first 5k finish will count towards your event total.
- Reporting of events completed is on the honor system. Don’t be that person.
- Events completed must be verifiable, ie. official results posted somewhere.
- Equivalent distances completed in timed events (eg. Labor Pains, Miner’s Lady, Rick’s Run, etc.) will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Equivalent distances completed as a leg of a relay (ie. North Face, Ragnar Trail) will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- In the spirit of powering through and finishing what you start, equivalent distances in a race in which you DNF will not count. For example, if you only run 25k of a 50k race and then step off the course and DNF, you will not qualify for the 25k distance.
- While everyone is welcome to participate, you must maintain FSRC membership for the year to be eligible for an award.
Awards will be distributed at the FSRC Year-End Celebration Banquet.