What’s all this I hear about a new running log?
Thanks to Eric at RunningAHEAD.com and our own Steve Dobson, we are pleased to announce a new service for you steeps, an online running log integrated right into the steeplechasers.org web site!
This running log is completely free. It is simple and intuitive to use yet allows you to record all aspects of your training. Track your shoe mileage and map your running routes. You can create training plans, custom activities and workout types.
You can enter your data manually or upload your workouts directly from your Garmin Forerunner GPS or from data files.
This log will help you track all your mileage, and will help the club’s competition committee learn about races you ran other than grand prix and decathlon series. There is more to a running log than just entering statistics. It should be an integral part of your training, whether you are new to running or qualified for the Boston Marathon.
At a minimum, it should give you a broad overview of your training at a quick glance. Ideally, your running log can help you identify areas of weakness, or act as an affirmation of your achievements.
You lead an active life, and need a running log that keeps up with you. You can record all your workouts with this useful tool, so you can go back to doing what you love quicker.
To start using the log, please follow the following steps:
- On www.steeplechasers.org , click on the Training -> Running Log menu entry, or just click on http://steeplechasers.runningahead.com/logs. You should see a sign-in screen.
- Click on ‘Create your free account now’ (or if you are already a member of RunningAHEAD.com, sign in normally, and continue from step 5)
- Fill in the form. You need to use a real email address, and the screen name can be anything you like. Click Create
- Confirm your distance units, etc. Click Save
- You’ll be prompted “Request for Permission”. This allows automated searching of race and other log data for race analysis by the competition committee, and for other fun reports about the club’s weekly mileage. Note if you deny access at this point, you will be prompted to grant the permission after every log in. Please click Allow.
- IMPORTANT — you’re not quite done… Click Settings on the left, near the bottom, and continue with these instructions. This has been missed by several people, but is necessary for the steeplechaser reports to work!
- Click Account Info tile
- Click My Profile tab
- Please fill in at least the following so we can match you to club membership information and to calculate age grade for some of the reports and decathlon standings:
- First name
- Last name
- Date of birth
You can then add a new run manually by clicking “New run entry”, or click on “Upload GPS Data” to load your runs straight from your Garmin forerunner, etc.
- Note, you might be prompted to install or update Garmin Communicator Plug-in the first time you try to load data from your Garmin