The Half Marathon Training Program has been successful in helping runners of all levels reach their half marathon race goals. Join the fun if you are looking to run your first half marathon or set a new PR this season.
Program participants must be 16 years of age or older.
To reduce the chance of injury, prior to program start, we strongly recommend you are:
- Consistently running or run/walking (at any speed) 3 days a week or more, for at least 6 months
- Comfortable running or run-walking 5-6 mile long runs
- Have the blessing of your physician if you have some sort of medical issue that may affect your participation (heart issues, orthopedic concerns, etc.)
Pace varies by individual. We have a wide range of paces represented in most of our training programs. The more people in the program, the more paces we’ll have represented, so spread the word.
- Heidi Novak, RRCA Level I Certified Running Coach
- Crystal Tressler
- Nicole Davis, DPT, RRCA Level II Certified Running Coach
- Target race: Frederick Half Marathon, May 6th
- Information Session: February 8th, 6:00 pm, Charm City Run, 467 W. Patrick Street, Frederick
- Registration: Click here
- Target race: TBD
- Information Session: TBD, typically sometime in July
- 2018 Spring Half Marathon Training Program – Information Booklet
- 2018 Spring Half Marathon Training Program – Training Plan A
- 2018 Spring Half Marathon Training Program – Training Plan B
- Key Paces for Recreational Runners
- Program Cost: $0 for members of the Frederick Steeplechasers Running Club.
- FSRC Membership: $20/year individual FSRC membership provides free access to training programs, social events, educational events, and other club activities. Discounted couple, family, and youth rates are also available. Click here to join.
Steeplechasers, WHO HAVE ALREADY REGISTED FOR THE TRAINING PROGRAM, should join our Facebook FSRC Half Marathon Training group for the best experience and opportunity to communicate with your fellow runners and coaches. This group is only for current Steeplechasers who are registered for the Half Marathon Training Program.
Group Run Info
- Tuesday: 6:00 pm, Talley Rec Center, Baker Park, Frederick – 3-6 miles at tempo or conversational pace
- Saturday: 8:00 am, various locations around Frederick – 5-12 miles at conversational pace
Weather Cancellation Policy
Regarding potentially unsettled weather, please see our weather cancellation policy.