The Women’s Distance Festival 5k Training Program is for beginner, casual, and intermediate women runners. The program provides the opportunity to improve fitness while learning about running in an encouraging, friendly, and collaborative atmosphere.
Frederick Women’s Distance Festival 5k, August 4th, 2018
Program Start Date
- Information Session: TBD, typically late May
- Program Start Date: Training begins early June and runs for 9 weeks.
- 2017 WDF 5k Training Program manual
- 2018 Training Booklet coming soon!
- Program Cost: $0 for members of the Frederick Steeplechasers Running Club.
- FSRC Membership: $20/year individual FSRC membership provides free access to training programs, social events, educational events, and other club activities. Discounted couple, family, and youth rates are also available. Click here to join.
- Note: Registration for the training program does not include race registration. Participants who plan to run the goal race must register for the race separately.
- Registration: Come back in May for the registration link.
Group Run Info
- Monday: 6:00 pm, Talley Rec Center, Baker Park, Frederick
- Saturday: 8:00 am, Talley Rec Center, Baker Park, Frederick
Participants, WHO HAVE ALREADY REGISTED FOR THE TRAINING PROGRAM, should join our Frederick Women’s 5k Training Program Facebook group for the best experience and opportunity to communicate with your fellow runners and coaches. This group is only for current Steeplechasers who are registered for the WDF 5k Training Program.
Weather Cancellation Policy
Regarding potentially unsettled weather, please see our weather cancellation policy