Why Join the Frederick Steeplechasers???
For the Fun!
- Be a part of the active Frederick running scene and meet dynamic folks who share a common interest in running!
- Group training runs – opportunities to run with others every day of the week. And stick around afterward for coffee/drinks/socializing!
- Low-key fun runs – often with great food!
- Social activities: picnics, annual awards night, & various impromptu events
- Former club president, Mark Lawrence, describes the personal,intangible benefits of being a Steeplechaser
- Former club president, Pam Geernaert, talks about an epic two years in Steeplechaser history
- The messages above and more can now be found at our Inspirational Messages page
Training and Competition
- Regardless of your running ability or experience, we can help you become the runner you’d like to be!
- FSRC race opportunities throughout the year! See our Events Calendar
- Grand Prix series – Exciting collection of races from sprint to ultra including the “sprint” and “endurance” mini-series.
- Regional team events
- Summer Decathlon — the Summer Decathlon is not 10 events like the Olympics. It is 10 track races of varying distances run on 10 Wednesdays during the summer. Afterwards, training or fun relays follow.
- Group training runs: various distances, paces, places and times!
- To join the Frederick Steeplechaser Facebook group, click here
- Just see what’s going on or jump right into the lively talks and banter on various running topics! Anyone with a Facebook account can view the discussions, but only members of the Facebook group can post!
- Looking for someone to run with??? This is a fabulous way to find out! Runners are always posting their training plans, whether they are for short jogs around Baker Park , 20-mile marathon training runs along the C&O Canal, or any distance in between! Fast, slow, long, short, hilly, flat, road or trail — you name it we’ve got somebody running it!
- Need advice about training, injuries, race strategies, hydration, equipment, etc? With well over 900 participants in our Facebook group, we’ve got plenty of tips and answers!
- Info about social events, club business, community announcements and more!
On April 1, 2015, a prospective member Kris Snipes posted the following to our Facebook group:
I hope no one takes offense to this … tell me why you joined the Steeps and what YOU get out of it. I’m a fairly new runner and have been hesitant to officially join because I feel like race fees, shoes, appropriate gear, etc already take so much of my $$. What do you get out of this club and why do [you] renew your membership??
The response was immediate and effusive. Click here to see these testimonials.
Intervals Quarterly Newsletter
- Great articles covering local races, club events, and running in general!
- Have a look at our newsletter: Click Here
Road Runners Club of America affiliation
- The Frederick Steeplechasers are THE RRCA affiliate for Frederick County. The RRCA offers classes, clinics and other benefits and is a major resource to all runners.
How Do I Join?
- To join, click here and follow the instructions for Online Registration.