Young and old are on equal footing in the Equalizer Series, where race times are equalized using standard track and field age-grading procedures.
Due to the COVID-19 impact on our ability to gather in large groups, the 2020 Equalizer Series is canceled. We look forward to bringing the series back in 2021! Stay healthy and safe.
2020 Equalizer Series Races
- 02/23/2020 – RRCA 10 Mile Challenge
- 05/03/2020 – POSTPONED: Frederick Half Marathon
- 06/20/2020 – VIRTUAL: Frederick Summer Solstice 8k
- 07/08/2020 – CANCELED: Summer Decathlon 800m
- 09/12/2020 – VIRTUAL: Frederick Market Street Mile
- 10/17/2020 – VIRTUAL: Spook Hill Cider & Wine 4 Mile Run
- 11/26/2020 – VIRTUAL: Frederick 5K Turkey Trot
NOTE: For races listed as TBD, the date has not yet been set. The date listed is the best guess based on historical data.
- It is not necessary to qualify for the Grand Prix to compete in the Equalizer Series.
- For each race in the Equalizer Series:
- Results will be converted into age-performance percentages (see below).
- Each percentage will be converted into a 4-digit number.
- This number will be the runner’s score for the race.
- Top 4 scores per runner will be totaled, resulting in a final score for the series.
Age-graded scoring allows runners of any age and any gender to be compared fairly against each other. If you are interested in the fine details, click here. The official age-grading calculator used by FSRC for the Equalizer Series can be found here.
Awards for the top 3 female and male winners are distributed at the FSRC Year-End Celebration Banquet.