Young and old are on equal footing in the Equalizer Series, where race times are equalized using standard track and field age-grading procedures.
Equalizer Series Races
- 02/24/2019 – RRCA 10 Mile Challenge
- 05/05/2019 – Frederick Half Marathon
- 05/18/2019 – Germantown 5 Miler
- 06/29/2019 – Independence 5000-CANCELED
- 07/10/2019 – Summer Decathlon 800m (Middletown High School)
- 09/14/2019 – Frederick Market Street Mile
- 10/19/2019 – Spook Hill Cider & Wine 4 Mile Run
NOTE: For races listed as TBD, the date has not yet been set. The date listed is the best guess based on historical data.
- It is not necessary to qualify for the Grand Prix to compete in the Equalizer Series.
- For each race in the Equalizer Series:
- Results will be converted into age-performance percentages (see below).
- Each percentage will be converted into a 4-digit number.
- This number will be the runner’s score for the race.
- Top 4 scores per runner will be totaled, resulting in a final score for the series.
Age-graded scoring allows runners of any age and any gender to be compared fairly against each other. If you are interested in the fine details, click here. The official age-grading calculator used by FSRC for the Equalizer Series can be found here.
Awards for the top 3 female and male winners are distributed at the FSRC Year-End Celebration Banquet.