Young and old are on equal footing in the Equalizer Series, where race times are equalized using standard age-grading procedures.
2023 Equalizer Standings
2023 Equalizer Series Races
Sunday 26: 8:00 am RRCA 10 Mile Challenge
Sunday 7: 7:00 am Frederick Half Marathon
Saturday 17: 7:30 pm Frederick Summer Solstice 8k
Saturday 8: 8:30 am Independence 5000
Wednesday 19: 6:30 pm Summer Decathlon 800m
Saturday 9: 8:00 am Frederick Market Street Mile
Saturday 21: 8:30 am Spook Hill Cider & Wine Run
Thursday 23: 7:00 am Frederick 5K Turkey Trot
NOTE: For races listed as TBD, the date has not yet been set. The date listed is the best guess based on historical data.
- It is not necessary to qualify for the Grand Prix to compete in the Equalizer Series.
- For each race in the Equalizer Series:
- Results will be converted into age-performance percentages (see below).
- Each percentage will be converted into a 4-digit number.
- This number will be the runner’s score for the race.
- Top 4 scores per runner will be totaled, resulting in a final score for the series.
Age-graded scoring allows runners of any age and any gender to be compared fairly against each other. If you are interested in the fine details, click here. The official age-grading calculator used by FSRC for the Equalizer Series road races can be found here, and for track races (such as the Summer Decathlon 800m) here.
Awards for the top 3 female and male winners are distributed at the FSRC Year-End Celebration Banquet.