The Marathon Training Program has been successful in helping runners of all levels reach their marathon race goals. Join the fun, whether you are looking for guidance in training for your first marathon, or looking for training partners to train for your 10th.
Whether a 14-minute miler or a 6-minute miler, we all cross the same finish line. The Marathon Training Program represents all paces, though the more runners that sign up, the easier this is. So please help spread the word about this training group.
Program participants must be 18 years of age or older.
To help protect against injury, prior to program start, we strongly recommend you are:
- Consistently running 4 days a week or more, for at least 6 months
- Comfortable running 8-10 mile long runs
- Comfortable running hills and tempo runs
- Have the blessing of your physician if you have some sort of medical issue that may affect your participation (heart issues, orthopedic concerns, etc.)
- There is no formal, coached marathon group in the spring. Runners are encouraged to sign up for the Half Marathon Training Program and adjust mileage for long runs as needed. Please also join the FSRC Marathon Training Facebook group, to connect with other runners training for a spring marathon.
- Target Race: Marine Corps Marathon
- Information Session: TBD, generally late June
- Program Start Date: TBD, generally mid-July
- Program Length: 16 weeks
Like the Frederick Steeplechasers Running Club Facebook page to be alerted when registration opens for the next session.
- Program Cost: $0 for Frederick Steeplechasers Running Club members
- FSRC Membership: $20/year individual FSRC membership provides free access to training programs, social events, educational events, and other club activities. Discounted couple, family, and youth rates are also available. Click here to join.
Note: The registration page will be updated when registration opens for the next program.
- Please join the FSRC Marathon Training Group Facebook group to connect with other runners training for spring marathons.
- REGISTERED Marathon Training Program participants should join the FSRC Marathon Training Group Facebook group for the best experience and opportunity to communicate with fellow runners and coaches.
Note: Facebook group membership is cleared between programs. If you join for spring, you will need to re-join for fall.
- Tuesdays: 6:00 pm, Talley Rec Center, Baker Park, Frederick – 6-8 miles at tempo or conversational pace
- Saturdays: 8:00 am (or as early as 7:00 am as runs get longer), various locations around Frederick – 10-20 miles at conversational pace
Weather Cancellation Policy
Regarding potentially unsettled weather, please see our weather cancellation policy.