New for 2019, the Trail 50k Training Program is designed to introduce runners to ultra trail running.
Program participants must be 18 years of age or older.
To reduce the chance of injury, prior to program start, we strongly recommend you are:
- Consistently running 4+ days per week, 24+ miles per week
- Comfortable running 12-13 mile long runs
- Have the blessing of your physician if you have some sort of medical issue that may affect your participation (heart issues, orthopedic concerns, etc.)
Pace varies by individual. We have a wide range of paces represented in most of our training programs. The more people in the program, the more paces we’ll have represented, so spread the word.
Blues Cruise 50k – Reading, PA in early October
Program Start Date
- Information Session: early June
- Program Start Date: early June
- Program Length: 18 weeks
Like the Frederick Steeplechasers Running Club Facebook page to be alerted when registration opens for the next session.
- Program Cost: $0 for members of the Frederick Steeplechasers Running Club.
- FSRC Membership: $20/year individual FSRC membership provides free access to training programs, social events, educational events, and other club activities. Discounted couple, family, and youth rates are also available. Click here to join.
Note: The registration page will be updated when registration opens for the next program.
Steeplechasers who have already registered for this season’s training program should join our Facebook FSRC 50k Training group for the best experience and opportunity to communicate with your fellow runners and coach. This group is only for current Steeplechasers who are registered for the Trail 50k Training Program.
Group Run Info
Group runs will be organized by participants, with the assistance of the coach. Weekend long runs will explore a variety of trail systems in and around Frederick County. Shorter weekday runs may be on road or trail.
Weather Cancellation Policy
Regarding potentially unsettled weather, please see our weather cancellation policy.