We do not currently have a Trail Running Training Program but the page will be updated if one is added.
Program participants must be 18 years of age or older.
To reduce the chance of injury, prior to program start, we strongly recommend you are:
- Consistently running 4+ days per week, 20+ miles per week
- Comfortable running 12-13 mile long runs
- Have the blessing of your physician if you have some sort of medical issue that may affect your participation (heart issues, orthopedic concerns, etc.)
Pace varies by individual. We have a wide range of paces represented in most of our training programs. The more people in the program, the more paces we’ll have represented, so spread the word.
Program Start Date
- Information Session:
- Program Start Date:
- Program Length:
- Program Cost: $0 for members of the Frederick Steeplechasers Running Club.
- FSRC Membership: $20/year individual FSRC membership provides free access to training programs, social events, educational events, and other club activities. *Discounted couple, family, and youth rates are also available. Click here to join.
Note: The registration page will be updated when registration opens for the next program.
Group Run Info
Group runs will be organized by participants, with the assistance of the coach. Weekend long runs will explore a variety of trail systems in and around Frederick County. Shorter weekday runs may be on road or trail.
Weather Cancellation Policy
Regarding potentially unsettled weather, please see our weather cancellation policy.