You can see a neat map of these at https://maryland-rrca.org/maryland-race-series-map/
NOTE: If you are interested in a particular race, please verify the date and time on the race’s website.
Questions / comments about the series should be sent to our Maryland RRCA State Rep, Lou King, at email@example.com.
Through the MD RRCA Grand Prix Series, running clubs of Maryland and DC encourage runners to broaden their race experience by participating in the races hosted by other clubs in the area.
The Maryland Grand Prix series includes 12 races from across the state. Runners who run four (4) or more races qualify for awards which are given out at the following year’s RRCA Club Challenge in Columbia.
Top three (3) qualifying overall men and women, plus top two (2) qualifying men and women in each age group win an award.
See Maryland RRCA Grand Prix Series page for more information.
- 02/23/2020 – RRCA 10 Mile Challenge
- 04/18/2020 – CANCELLED: Springburst 10K
- 05/03/2020 – Get Pumped for Pets 15K-CANCELLED
- 06/07/2020 – Belair Town Run
- 08/02/2020 – CANCELLED: Dog Days 8K
- 09/06/2020 – CANCELLED: Larry Noel 15K
- 09/12/2020 – VIRTUAL: Frederick Market Street Mile
- 09/27/2020 – VIRTUAL: Bachman Valley Half Marathon
- 10/03/2020 – Great Allegany Run 15K
- 10/11/2020 – Lower Potomac 10-Miler
- 11/28/2020 – Northern Central Trail Marathon
The Maryland Women’s Distance Festival Series consists of eight 5k races for women runners and walkers of all ages and abilities. Women who complete four or more races in the series are eligible to receive the Women’s Distance Festival Participation Award at the annual celebration party in the fall. Participants must fill out a form to register their participation for the award and celebration. See the Maryland RRCA WDF Series page for more information.
- 05/31/2020 – Howard County Striders WDF – POSTPONED
- 06/07/2020 – ON HOLD: DC Road Runner’s WDF
- 06/13/2020 – Run for Roses-CANCELLED
- 07/11/2020 – CANCELLED: Annapolis Striders WDF
- 07/12/2020 – CANCELLED: Westminster RRC WDF
- 07/19/2020 – CANCELLED: Baltimore Road Runners Club WDF
- 08/16/2020 – CANCELLED: Prince George’s RC WDF
Since 1958, the RRCA has awarded championship events through a competitive bidding process at the national, regional, and state level to RRCA member clubs and events to promote the sport of distance running. The RRCA Championship Event Series is the largest grassroots organized running series in the US, attracting over 320,000 runners each year. The goal of the RRCA Championship Event Series is to shine a spotlight on well-run events and to award top performing runners in the open, masters (40+), grand masters (50+), and senior grand masters (60+) categories for both men and women. Find all RRCA State Championship events on the RRCA Event Calendar by using the “RRCA Championship” filter option when you search events.
The Maryland RRCA website has the full list of Maryland RRCA State Championship races.