A little competition among friends. Run specific local races, and then with a little mathematical and computer science magic by FSRC, see how you compare to other Steeplechasers.
Due to the COVID-19 impact on our ability to gather in large groups, the 2020 competitive Grand Prix Series has been canceled. Virtual races are not valid for the competitive Grand Prix rankings, however, will be counted towards participation points.
2020 Grand Prix Participant Awards will be given to those FSRC members that complete 4 or more races from the Series listed below. In-person and Virtual Races count. To have a Virtual Race count towards your participation award you must submit your results and be listed on the Race Results. Participation Awards will be distributed in early 2021. If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.
2020 Grand Prix Series Races
- 01/11/2020 – Lewis Memorial 10-Miler
- 02/23/2020 – RRCA 10 Mile Challenge
- 03/14/2020 – CANCELED: Forest of Needwood 5 Miler
- 04/04/2020 – CANCELED: Lil’ B 5k-ish
- 04/18/2020 – Makin’ Hay 10K-CHANGED TO VIRTUAL
- 05/03/2020 – POSTPONED: Frederick Half Marathon
- 06/20/2020 – VIRTUAL: Frederick Summer Solstice 8k
- 07/04/2020 – VIRTUAL: Independence 5000
- 07/08/2020 – CANCELED: Summer Decathlon 800m
- 07/11/2020 – Catoctin 25K/50K Trail Run
- 07/18/2020 – VIRTUAL: Run for the Pie 10K
- 08/01/2020 – VIRTUAL: Frederick Women’s Distance Festival
- 09/12/2020 – VIRTUAL: Frederick Market Street Mile
- 09/27/2020 – VIRTUAL: Bachman Valley Half Marathon
- 10/01/2020 – VIRTUAL: Rick O’Donnell Memorial 5.22 Mile Trail Run and 8-Hour Ultra Challenge (Rick’s Run)
- 10/03/2020 – Freedom’s Run 10K
- 10/17/2020 – VIRTUAL: Spook Hill Cider & Wine 4 Mile Run
- 11/14/2020 – Stone Mill 50 Mile Run
- 11/26/2020 – Frederick 5K Turkey Trot
- 11/28/2020 – Northern Central Trail Marathon
- 12/05/2020 – Goodloe Byron 10 Mile Run-DATE TBD
NOTE: For races listed as TBD, the date has not yet been set. The date listed is the best guess based on historical data.
- Series consists of the races identified in the Grand Prix Series Races list, to the extent those events are held.
- Best 5 races count towards scoring.
- Must run a minimum of 4 races to qualify for an award.
- May enter the Grand Prix at any point once your membership has been paid for the current calendar year. No retroactive scoring will be allowed.
- Age will be determined by the competitor’s age on January 1st of the current calendar year.
- Official results are used for all scoring. If you think your result has been missed, or that your time is inaccurate, please contact the race director to resolve, and contact the Competition Committee when the official results have been updated, to get the club standing corrected.
- Unofficial bib swap is neither allowed nor condoned by races or within FSRC club competition.
- Ties are broken as follows:
- Look at point differential in head-to-head races.
- If not resolved, look at time differential in head-to-head races.
- If not resolved, look at average score for all included races (limit best 5 races).
- If not resolved, and this is a division tie, look at average score for overall included races (limit best 5 races).
- If still not resolved, tie is declared.
- Overall score based on top 50 finishers with first place receiving 50 points, second place receiving 49 points, etc.
- Age-group score based on top 10 finishers with first place receiving 10 points, second place receiving 9 points, etc.
- Top 5 overall, male and female.
- Top 5 male and female in the following age groups:
- Youth (13 and under)
- Open 14 to 29
- Open 30 to 39
- Master 40 to 49
- Grand Master 50 to 59
- Super Master 60 to 69
- Super Grand Master 70 and over
- No duplication of awards.
- Awards are distributed at the FSRC Year-End Celebration Banquet.