In order to host a race in the city of Frederick, a Parade / Walk / Race Application must be filled out and submitted to the Department of Parks and Recreation. Please see https://www.cityoffrederick.com/1054/Parades-Walks-Races.
Frederick Steeplechasers Running Club, as a community service, has had four of the five 5k courses mentioned in the city’s application certified with the USATF. To view the course certification maps and instructions for course marking, see:
- Baker Park – https://certifiedroadraces.com/certificate/?type=l&id=MD15005NP
- Whittier – https://certifiedroadraces.com/certificate/?type=l&id=MD15012NP
- Monocacy – https://certifiedroadraces.com/certificate/?type=l&id=MD15011NP
- Riverside Park – https://certifiedroadraces.com/certificate/?type=l&id=MD17018NP
- The map supplied to us by the city for the Husky Park 5k was very short — around 2.4 miles — and as such is not recommended or certified.
- The city is currently recommending a “revised” Baker Park 5k route that does not utilize the bike path through the park. The current course certification does not address this revision.
- The map on the city website for Riverside Park has the turnaround in the wrong place. Please use the certification map to determine the correct turnaround location.