The Coed 5k Training Program is for new and casual runners looking to gain confidence in running, in a fun and supportive atmosphere.
This program is ideal for:
- Walkers who would like to begin adding short run segments to improve fitness and run-walk a 5k race.
- Casual runners who would like to be able to consistently run an entire 5k race.
- Anyone who would like to run with a group to make friends and get motivated to move.
Program participants must be 14 years of age or older.
To help protect against injury, we strongly recommend you are:
- Comfortable walking 30 minutes at any pace.
- Have the blessing of your physician if you have some sort of medical issue that may affect your participation (heart issues, orthopedic concerns, etc.)
Headless Horseman 5K – October 27
Program Start Date
- Information Session: Tuesday, August 28th
- First Run: Wednesday, September 5th
- Program Length: 8 weeks
Like the Frederick Steeplechasers Running Club Facebook page to be alerted when registration opens for the next session.
- Program Cost: $0 for Frederick Steeplechasers Running Club members
- FSRC Membership: $20/year individual FSRC membership provides free access to training programs, social events, educational events, and other club activities. Discounted couple, family, and youth rates are also available. Click here to join.
Note: The registration page will be updated when registration opens for the next program.
- Wednesdays: 6:00 pm, Talley Rec Center, Baker Park, Frederick
- Saturdays: 8:00 am, Talley Rec Center, Baker Park, Frederick or other locations in and around Frederick
Participants who have already registered for this year’s training program should join our FSRC Coed 5k Training Facebook group for the best experience and opportunity to communicate with your fellow runners and coaches. This group is only for current Steeplechasers who are registered for the Coed 5k Training Program.
Weather Cancellation Policy
Regarding potentially unsettled weather, please see our weather cancellation policy.
Questions? Want to help coach or pace?