The Frederick Steeplechasers Running Club is an “all-volunteer” organization. We have a passion for running, friendship, and community service. Our club would not be what it is today without our amazing volunteers. Whether you are an officer in the club or have come to help out at a few finish lines, we need you! There are many volunteer opportunities and this is the best way to get to know other club members.
2016 Club Members – 808 (as of end of September)
2016 Club Members who have volunteered at least once – 209 (25%)
32 new Silver volunteers since 2015, 8 new awardee in Gold (very active volunteers are staying active and 12 people went from Silver to Gold)
Gold Level Volunteers
Total Gold Volunteers – 48
Gold Level volunteers include club leadership, committee chairs, program leads, and people who have participated/volunteered in many club activities.
Primary Club Leadership
- Lou King – President, WDF5K Committee, WDF 5K, newsletter articles, Panther’s coach, summer decathlon help, helped at many races, Technology Committee Chair, Rick’s Run Committee, etc.
- Javier Montenegro – Training/Education Chair, winter/spring half marathon training program and summer/fall half marathon training Program Lead, summer decathlon, General Membership meeting set-up, clean-up, shopping
- Sage Norton – Secretary, meeting minutes, board preps, Competition Chair, Racing Team Director, Summer Solstice 8K registration and announcing, etc.
- Harriet Langlois – Treasurer, WDF5K Race Director, banquet helper, JFK Aid station, Summer Solstice 8K, Lewis Run, Rick’s Run Committee, etc.
- Billy Clem – Program Lead for winter/spring half marathon training and summer/fall full marathon training, newsletter article, new logo design committee
- Cassy Crouse – Competition Chair, banquet award duties, Summer Decathlon help race support one race
- Pam Geernaert – Education Chair, help with training run and Frederick Running Festival runs
- Art Gregory – Social Committee Chair, Banquet organization, Frederick Half Marathon, Freedom Run Post Tent helped with training runs helped with one summer decathlon, Rick’s Run Volunteer Committee
- Janadel Harris – Program Lead for winter/spring and summer/fall marathon training programs, plans all happy hours on social committee, Pacer.
- Julie Harris-Newsletter Chair, Banquet Program (Banquet) Newsletter-Intervals
- Crista Horn – Rick’s Run Race Director, helped with planning meeting Summer Solstice 8K,helped one with Summer Decathlon Race, Race support Frederick half, JFK Aid station
- Luanne Houck – Communications Chair, Membership Banquet volunteer gift distribution 2015 awards, Program Lead for WDF 5K Training Program, MSM Course Marshall, Summer Solstice 8K race support
- Mark Lawrence – Race Services Chair, helped with individual runners, education and training runs, race support (numerous) course markings, MSM Committee/Volunteer course marking/finish line area
- David Levine-Frederick Summer Solstice Twilight 8k Race Director
- Anne Light – MSM Race Director, Panthers Running Club Program Lead, support 2 races
- Nikki Martin-Membership Chair, WDF 5K-Pacer, Race support three races, helped with runs Half Marathon Training Program
- Shannon Matthews- Competition Chair, race support six races
- Kerry McHugh-Membership Chair, Race support two races
- Lori Mensh-Volunteer Committee Chair, support for six races
- Tim O’Keefe – Summer Decathlon Program Lead, 40th Anniversary presentation @ Membership Meeting, WDF Course Markings and Course Marshall Captain, Race Support three races, awards for decathlon identify winners, define, give out and purchase or awards
- Mike O’Grady-Review Chair FSRC Memorial Scholarship, Larry Key Tribute and Membership Meeting, Rick’s Run Volunteer Committee/Volunteers, helped with three other races
- Katelin Peropat-Racing Team Chair, Planning Meeting Summer Solstice 8K
- Kerry Shepherd-Race Director Rick’s Run
- Ruth Taylor – Social Committee Chair, Banquet Organization, Freedom’s Run post-race tent, Frederick Half Marathon training runs, Pacer, helped planning 20 miler Marathon Program Training run
- Chris VanSant-Racing Team Chair, helped with three races, WDF pre-registration bib pick-up
Other Gold Level Volunteers
These are club members who have volunteered at many activities and events.
Rose Ann Abdu, Ashley Appleman, Chad Ahalt, Rick Albee, Brett Ayer, Becky Boughn, Jill Cameron, Tina Cole, Craig Combs, Marti Grib-Kachman, Cassy Crouse, Nicole Davis, Steve Dobson, Casil Dodd, Catherine Forrence, Jenny Hallberg, David Horn, Dwayne Late, Robin McConaughey, Scott Meredith, Jolene Miller, Paul Smeck, Peggy Waxter, Sigrid Zimmerman
Silver Level Volunteers
Total Silver Volunteers – 49
Silver Level volunteers include club members who volunteered with several activities/events.
Bruce Attavian, Joe Basford, Chris Beers-Arthur, Robbie Blaylock, Gary Boettcher, Crystal Brubaker, Matt Buchman, Angie Burnette, Shawn Calandrelle Burns, Eric Cameron, Jill Cameron, Paul Christiansen, Risa Clem, Leslie Dassele, Tim Dodd, Gary Geernaert, Sophie Geernaert, Mike Gessler, Kim Hessong-Woolsey, Eddy Horn, Azhar Ibrahim, Susan Jensen, Keary Johnston, Patrick Key, Jason Lawrence, Dana Leaman, Phil Liotta, Katie Malone, MaryKay Morgan, Mark Norton, Heidi Novak, Leslie Nuse, Carl Pritchard, Josh Roane, Syble Roane, James Salley, Jason Scaroni, Malcolm Senior, Kris Snipes, Dave Snipes, Trisha Strite, Bill Susa, Don Tollefson, Crystal Tressler, Genna Vegh, Katy Warehime, George Waxter, John Way, Gyn Whieldon, Robin Zabel