While we (temporarily) can’t gather and run together, the value of community and supporting one another virtually is especially important now. Many memberships will expire on December 31 (because the original club membership model was for the calendar year), so we are offering a bonus of a 13-month membership when you renew or sign up in December! Membership is affordable (starting at just $20/year for individuals, with discounts available for additional members in the same household), and offers a ton of great benefits. Here are just a few!
- With over 45 years of history and knowledge, if you have a question on local events, training, injuries, race strategies, or everything else running-related, the Steeps have you covered.
- We look forward to the return of small group runs with plans for several running series this winter. If all goes well, post-holiday running groups will be available in a variety of formats giving members opportunities to get out there and run with a small group.
- Take advantage of free training programs, from 5K to 50K. We needed to get creative and adapt this year by switching to virtual training and had great success helping several runners meet their goals. We will hopefully return to live training next year.
- FSRC is the RRCA affiliate for Frederick County. The RRCA offers classes, clinics, and other benefits and is a major resource to all runners. Also included is a free entry in the annual Club Challenge 10-Miler.
- In 2019, we donated $72,212 to local charitable causes from the net proceeds of our four signature races, including Women’s Giving Circle, Advocates for Homeless Families, City Youth Matrix, the FSRC Memorial Scholarship $8,636 (7 local high school seniors) and Blessings in a Backpack.
- In 2019, we sent 17 youth athletes to compete in Cross Country Coaches National Youth Championships in Shelbyville, IN. The Spires Youth program is a youth cross-country and track group for ages 7-14 with the emphasis is on learning the benefits of running as a fun and enjoyable means of lifetime fitness.
- Get discount codes to local races,(as made available by race directors), free low-key club races, and discounts from businesses.
- Receive club communications,through the FSRC Newsletter that goes out twice a month to paid members and includes updates on things going on in the club, as well as discounts. We also have the Intervals Blog, with articles covering local races, club events, member highlights and running in general!
As Steeplechasers veteran and past President Mark Lawrence says,
“If you run in Frederick, you need to run and be a part of the Steeplechasers!”