The Frederick Steeplechasers Running Club has decades of experience providing timing, course marking, and promotion services to race directors in the local Frederick community. Our services are a low-cost alternative for small (less than 500 finishers) races.
Our experienced volunteers provide services for 30 to 40 local races annually, aiding community organizations in their efforts to raise money for charitable causes.
Client races will be required to furnish proof of insurance.
We look forward to working with you to make your race successful.
We’re always looking for volunteer help on our Race Support team. Watch for opportunities to be announced on the Frederick Steeplechasers Running Club Facebook group, or send email to email@example.com.
Race directors may choose from a menu of race support services:
- Finish line and timing
- Course marking
- Promotion (standard or premium)
- Posting of results on our website
Finish Line and Timing
- Timing/scoring is performed using the “Time Machine” race timing equipment and race bib pull-tags. This timing methodology is a low-cost approach, best suited for races with fewer than 500 finishers.
- FSRC will provide, set up, and operate finish line and timing equipment, including a large display clock, Time Machine Race Timer, finish line chute, flags, signage, and related materials.
- An awards sheet will be filled out, recording top finishers in categories provided by the race organizers.
- Finish times will be recorded on the pull-tags from race bibs, and the ordered tags will be turned over to the race organizers for final results compilation.
- Fee structure is based on the number of finishers in the previous year. New races will be assumed to be fewer than 200.
- Race course will be marked with cones, mile markers and directional signage.
- You may add your race to the online FSRC Events Calendar. Submit your race for publication on the FSRC race calendar via the FSRC Add Event page.
- Your race will be included in the twice-monthly “Featured Races” email that is sent to the FSRC-maintained list of over 11,000 local runners.
- FSRC will begin featuring your race in the twice-monthly email up to three months prior to your race date. The sooner you get us the information, the sooner we can begin promoting your race.
- We ask that you deliver your participant email list to FSRC at the conclusion of your race. This list will be added to the FSRC email list, and will not be shared in any way with any other organization. Recipients will always have the ability to unsubscribe, if requested.
- We recommend that you use our race results template for formatting your results file.
- We will post your results to the Results page of our website. Send the file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Finish Line||200 or fewer projected finishers – $250|
|201-299 projected finishers – $300|
|301-399 projected finishers – $350|
|401-499 projected finishers – $400|
|Course Marking||Standard Frederick City 5k Course – $100|
|Custom Course – inquire|
|Promotion||Standard – $0|
|Premium – $75|
We put together a Race Support Letter to help you get started with planning your race.
For information on getting a City of Frederick race permit, click here.
As of January 2018, the City of Frederick is requiring races to supply proof of traffic control services before race permits are approved. Acceptable forms of traffic control include:
DOT Approved Traffic Flaggers
We have received the following list of suggested DOT-approved Traffic Flaggers from the Frederick Police Department:
- Traffic Engineering Services, 9893 Brewers Ct, Laurel, MD 20723, 301-549-1950
- Flagger Force, 8170 Adams Drive, Hummelstown, PA 17036, 888.300.5215 | email@example.com
- CHS Traffic Control, 5397 Agro Dr, Frederick, Maryland 21703, (301) 874-3192
Off-duty Police Officers through the Fraternal Order of Police