The Trail Series gives members who prefer dirt beneath their feet the opportunity for a little friendly competition against each other. The series includes distances from 5k to 50 miles.
2018 Trail Series Standings Coming Soon
Trail Series Races
- 07/14/2018 – Catoctin 50K Trail Run
- 09/09/2018 – ThorpeWood Trails 10k Run and 5k Fun Run/Walk
- 11/03/2018 – Schaeffer Half Marathon (Trail)
- 11/17/2018 – Stone Mill 50 Mile Run
NOTE: For races listed as TBD, the date has not yet been set. The date listed is the best guess based on historical data.
- It is not necessary to qualify for the Grand Prix to compete in the Trail Series.
- For each race in the Trail Series: Lou will do some magic to adjust the race finishing times using the Strava Grade Adjusted Pace, to allow a more fair comparison between flatter courses and courses with more climbing and technical trail. These times will then be converted to an age-performance percentage (see below). That percentage will be converted to a 4-digit number, which becomes your score for the race.
- Top 3 scores per runner will be totaled, resulting in a final score for the series.
Age-graded scoring allows runners of any age and any gender to be compared fairly against each other. If you are interested in the fine details, click here. The official age-grading calculator used by FSRC for the Trail Series can be found here.
Awards for the top 3 female and male winners are distributed at the FSRC Year-End Celebration Banquet.