The Trail Series gives members who prefer dirt beneath their feet the opportunity for a little friendly competition against each other. The series includes distances from 5k to 50 miles.
Trail Series Races
(See notes below for races that offer two distances. Only specific distances count towards the series.)
- 04/08/2018 – Lil’ B 5K-ish
- 07/14/2018 – Catoctin 50K Trail Run
- 09/09/2018 – ThorpeWood Trails 10k Run and 5k Fun Run/Walk
- 11/03/2018 – Schaeffer Half Marathon (Trail)
- 11/17/2018 – Stone Mill 50 Mile Run
Blue Crab Bolt #3: Only the 10k counts towards the Trail Series
Rick’s Run: First 5.22 loop time counts towards the Trail Series
Thorpewood: Only the 10k counts towards the Trail Series
Schaeffer Half Marathon: Only the half marathon counts towards the Trail Series
NOTE: For races listed as TBD, the date has not yet been set. The date listed is the best guess based on historical data.
- It is not necessary to qualify for the Grand Prix to compete in the Trail Series.
- For each race in the Trail Series: Lou will do some magic to adjust the race finishing times using the Strava Grade Adjusted Pace, to allow a more fair comparison between flatter courses and courses with more climbing and technical trail. These times will then be converted to an age-performance percentage (see below). That percentage will be converted to a 4-digit number, which becomes your score for the race.
- Top 3 scores per runner will be totaled, resulting in a final score for the series.
Age-graded scoring allows runners of any age and any gender to be compared fairly against each other. If you are interested in the fine details, click here. The official age-grading calculator used by FSRC for the Trail Series can be found here.
Awards for the top 3 female and male winners are distributed at the FSRC Year-End Celebration Banquet.